Before you start thinking about how nice a vacation must have been, let me tell you about my "vacation". I was in Orlando for the 28th Annual Conference on The First-Year Experience which is the largest confererence hosted by the National Resource Center each year. It was pretty amazing to experience the sheer size of the conference (around 1300 attendees) and the history and tradition.
The conference was a week of educational sessions, award receptions, networking, etc. It was incredible to see an event I've been working on since starting my job finally come together. I was blown away by the poise of the people I work with in managing such a large group of people, incredible amounts of information and responsibility, and doing so after long days and not enough sleep. It was eye-opening! The week was also an opportunity to get to know my coworkers a whole lot better outside of our professional sides -- we all took a bus down (a mere 8 hour drive) and then spent all day, every day together! Quite the experience!
I did get to step outside a couple times to enjoy the sunshine, but there were no trips to Disney World...sad times. All in all, a fantastic and exhausting week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment